COMBIGAN EYE DROP
Product Code :BG144
Brand Name :Combigan
Generic Name :Timolol / Brimonidine
Manufacturer : Allergan India Pvt Ltd
Delivery Days :10 working days
Quantity : 1 Bottle
COMBIGAN EYE DROP
COMBIGAN EYE DROP is a combination of Timolol and Brimonidine. Doctors prescribe this eye drop to treat ocular hypertension and glaucoma.
As you must be aware, it is common to get eyestrain due to excessive use of mobile phones, computers, or laptops. Excessive use of these gadgets may result in redness of the eyes. Too much stress on the eyes can cause many eye diseases. The professions you are in may compel you to stay in front of the computer for long periods. Whatever the reason, putting too much stress on the eyes can lead to a disease like ocular hypertension. And ocular hypertension may then lead to glaucoma. Simply put, in such a condition your doctor may prescribe a COMBIGAN EYE DROP.
Although smartphones, laptops, and computers are not the only cause of ocular hypertension and glaucoma. Other factors can lead to this condition as well.
If you have been diagnosed with this condition or are concerned that you will develop a similar eye disease in the future. If your doctor is suggesting you use this eye drop but you have no clue what these eye drops are, and you want more information about it, then congratulations! Because you are reading the right article. In this article, we will discuss this medication in depth.
How to use COMBIGAN EYE DROP?
Now you know why doctors recommend using this eye drop. So, let’s also know the right way to use it.
It is quite simple to use this eye drop. When your doctor prescribes this eye drop, he or she will instruct you on how to use it correctly. Continue reading if you’re still unsure, though. Because we made it simple for you to understand.
- Firstly, make sure to shake well the bottle
- Secondly, twist the cap firmly
- Thirdly, instill the recommended dose of the eye drop
General suggestion: Before instilling the eye drops, wash your face and eyes. Because if any dust is present while the droplets are being poured, it might cause eye irritation. Check that you are not touching the nozzle. Because doing so increases the likelihood of microbial contamination of the eye drops. This may cause more eye infections.
What are the benefits of COMBIGAN EYE DROP?
As you have already read that this eye drop is a combination of two compounds. They are, Timolol and Brimonidine.
Timolol belongs to the beta-blocker class of medications. This implies that it aids in the reduction of ocular pressure. Whereas Brimonidine helps to reduce the redness of the eyes. This redness can be caused by any factor including but not limited to, smog, swimming, dust, or smoke. As a result, these compounds work synergistically to lower ocular pressure and prevent glaucoma.
Side effects of COMBIGAN EYE DROP
This eye drop may cause the following side effects:
- Blurred vision
- Dry eyes
- Stinging or burning upon applying the product
- Eye discharge
Since these side effects are minimal and will fade with time. They only become concerning if you suffer any of the above-mentioned side effects over an extended time. Talk to your doctor in this instance.
If this eye drop is your only option for treating your eye disease, you should then read the warnings listed below. Although this list may appear to be concerning to you, there is no need to panic. These are only general cautions. And they only affect a very tiny population.
- Hypoglycemia/Diabetes: Beta-blockers should be used with caution in individuals with spontaneous hypoglycemia or labile diabetes. This is because Beta-blockers can disguise the signs and symptoms of acute hypoglycemia.
- Corneal diseases: Ophthalmic beta-blockers may cause eye dryness. Patients suffering from corneal disorders should be handled with extreme attention.
- Contact lens: With extended usage, the preservative present in this eye drop, may cause eye irritation. It may even induce dry eyes, and damage to the tear film and corneal surface. Hence, remove contact lenses before instilling the eye drop. Reapply the lenses after at least 15 minutes. Soft contact lenses are more prone to discoloration when exposed to benzalkonium chloride (preservative present in this eye drop). Thus, you must avoid soft contact lenses.
- Phosphates Buffer: This eye drop has phosphates. Phosphate may create foggy areas on the cornea owing to calcium buildup during therapy in very rare circumstances.
Although every major aspect of this medication is already covered in this article. But also, you might have a few questions regarding the eye drops. We tried to list down some frequently asked questions with their answers.
Is it safe to use Combigan eye drops while pregnant?
- No, you should not use this eye drop if you are pregnant. There are chances that the eye drop may harm your fetus.
Is there any chance of getting addicted if I use Combigan eye drops?
- Certainly not. There are no reports that suggest one can get addicted to the use of this eye drop. Hence, rest assured.
Can I drive after instilling the Combigan eye drops?
- When you pour the drops into your eyes, your vision becomes blurry. Thus, it is better to wait for at least 30-40 minutes before driving.
I wear contact lenses. Can I instill Combigan eye drops directly?
- No, do not pour eye drops if you are wearing contact lenses. Put off your lenses. Instill the drops. Put them on again after at least 15 minutes.
Combigan eye drop is a combination of two medications. It decreases excessive eye pressure and the risk of vision loss. Immediately after infusing the drop, apply pressure to the corner of the eye, near the nose for about 1 minute. To prevent contaminating the eye drops, do not contact the dropper’s tip with your eye or any other surface.
If you are interested in purchasing this eye drop, you may do so through our website. When you buy Combigan eye drops from us, you are certain to obtain authentic items. We are now giving a substantial discount on this eye drop. Thus, wait no more and order now!