ALTRAZ 1 MG
Brand Name : Arimidex 1mg
Generic Name : Anastrozole
Manufacturer : Alkem
Presentation : Tablet/s
Delivery Days : 10-12 working days
Quantity : 28 Tablet/s
ALTRAZ 1 MG
Altraz 1 MG is a prescription medicine that doctors prescribe for the treatment of early breast cancer. Manufactured by Alkem Laboratories Ltd, this medication contains Anastrozole 1mg. It is an aromatase inhibitor. Which means it reduces the amount of estrogen in the body.
Doctors prescribe this medication to women with postmenopausal symptoms. This medicine can be used either on its own or in combination with other therapies like radiation therapy or surgery.
In short, for women who have reached menopause, Altraz 1 MG is used as the first-line treatment for breast cancer. It also helps in treating cancer that has spread to the breast or other parts of the body. Additionally, it is used to treat advanced breast cancer that got worse despite receiving treatment with tamoxifen (a medicine used to treat breast cancer).
This medication helps in slowing down the growth of breast cancer by lowering the estrogen in the female body. For this reason, doctors prescribe it to patients showing breast cancer symptoms. As a result of low estrogen in the body, the growth of cancerous cells stops or is delayed.
How to take Altraz 1 MG?
You can take this tablet either with or without meals. Although, it is best if you take this medicine at the same time every day. All in all, you should take this pill only if your doctor has prescribed it. Your doctor may prescribe the dose and frequency as per your condition. As a result, do not exceed the recommended doses. Your doctor will decide how much treatment you need to get your symptoms under control. Drink a glass of water when taking this medicine. Swallow the pill whole. Do not chew or break it in half. You should take this medication for the duration prescribed to you.
Now you would be wondering what the use of this medicine is. Well, to help you out we are more than happy to tell you about the use of this medication. Read through to know the use of this medicine.
Breast cancer: Altraz helps relieve breast cancer signs such as:
- Breast lumps
- Bloody discharge from the nipple
- Alterations to the breast’s form or texture
- Irritated or itchy breast
- Tenderness or pain in the breast
It functions by manipulating the body’s production of hormones that the body requires for the growth and spread of breast cancer. It may also interact with other hormones or have a direct effect on cancer to prevent it from growing.
Now that you know about the uses and benefits of this medicine. It is also important to know the side effects it may have on your body. If you already did not know about its side effects, don’t worry. We will help you.
Just like any other medication, this tablet may have some side effects too.
- Hot flashes
- Skin rash
- Vaginal bleeding
- Hair thinning
- Change in mood
- Loss of appetite
- Weight gain
- Joint pain
- Sore throat
- Stomach pain
As shown above, it is important to note that, not every individual experience the same side effects. Some people might not even notice any side effects. However, if you are worried about any side effects or experience any such adverse effects, in that case, consult with your doctor without any hesitation.
Even though Altraz 1 MG is a prescription medication, you should still take some precautions. We have compiled a list of precautions that you should read to remain vigilant.
- Osteoporosis: When you have osteoporosis, your bones become fragile. Altraz 1 mg reduces the estrogen level in your body, which could make your bones brittle and weaker and raise the risk of fractures. Therefore, if you have osteoporosis, you should use it with caution.
- Hyperlipidemia: Hyperlipidemia is characterized by elevated levels of fats (cholesterol and triglycerides) in the blood. If you have hyperlipidemia, Altraz 1 MG should be used extremely cautiously as it may result in an additional rise in blood cholesterol levels and exacerbate your condition.
- Cardiovascular disease: Ischemic heart disease is a condition that develops when there is insufficient blood flow to the heart muscle. It happens as a result of blood vessel narrowing. If you already have ischemic heart disease, you should use this medicine with caution as it could make your condition worse.
- Liver Disease: Because of the increased risk of liver toxicity, this tablet should be used with caution. Especially if you have liver problems. Based on your clinical condition, your doctor may recommend tests to monitor your liver function and dose adjustments.
After reading through this article, you still might have some questions about the medication. For this reason, we have listed some of the most frequently asked questions with their answers.
Is Altraz 1 MG habit forming?
ANS: No, as of now no such reports for this medicine have been found.
What if I miss a dose?
ANS: If you forget to take your Altraz 1 MG, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dosage, skip the missing dose. Do not take a duplicate dosage to make up for a missing one.
Can menstruating women take Altraz 1 MG?
ANS: This tablet is not for menstruating women. It should only be used by women who have stopped menstruating.
Is it safe for a pregnant woman to take Altraz 1 MG?
ANS: This medication is not safe for pregnant ladies. Thus, such women must avoid taking this tablet.
Where to buy Altraz 1 MG?
Altraz 1 MG is a fairly popular medicine. Any medical supply store will likely have it for sale. Although, we recommend you to buy this medicine from reputed online stores. You can also buy Altraz from our website. If you buy this or any other medicine from our website, there is a guarantee that you are getting genuine medicine. We also give competitive discounts on every medicine that you order from the website. If you are looking to buy this medicine, order now!
To sum up, Altraz 1 MG is a prescription medication. Hence, doctors prescribe it to treat early breast cancer in postmenopausal women. We have mentioned every detail about this tablet in the article.