Quantity : 30 Pills
Sirdalud 2mg is a muscle relaxer. The medicine provides relief from discomfort linked with acute and painful musculoskeletal conditions. These are tension, muscle spasms, stiffness, and rigidity. You can take it with food. If your doctor suggests, do not take food. Use the smallest amount to control your symptoms for the shortest possible duration. While you require it, take it regularly. Try not to miss any dosage because it will make this medication less effective.
To ensure that this medicine is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have any medical conditions. If you are using any other medicines, your doctor must be aware of them.
How does Sirdalud 2mg work?
It being a muscle relaxant, works on the centers in your brain and spinal cord. The medicine relieves muscle stiffness or spasm. It does not cause any strength reduction. It improves pain and muscle movement. The time needed for it to show its action is not established clinically. No data is available regarding the amount of time it remains active in the body.
How effective is Sirdalud 2mg?
The medicine is a muscle relaxant. It relieves inflammation, swelling, and rigidity in conditions affecting muscles. The drug blocks chemical messengers present in the brain responsible for these symptoms. It effectively relieves spasms or muscle stiffness. So, it improves the movement of muscles.
Take the medicine as recommended by your doctor. Your doctor will decide the dosage and duration depending on the condition for which you need treatment. It will aid you in carrying out your everyday activities with ease.
Precautions while taking Sirdalud 2mg
- Doctors do not recommend the use of this medicine in some people. People with a known allergy to tizanidine should not use it. People allergic to other inactive ingredients available in this formulation should ask a doctor.
- Use it carefully in people with low blood pressure. Suitable adjustment of dosage and close blood pressure monitoring is needed for such people.
- People with kidney disease must use it with caution. This is because of the increased risk of severe adverse effects.
- Closely monitor kidney function tests while taking this medicine.
- Replacement with a suitable alternative may be needed in a few cases. It will be depending on the clinical condition.
- The medicine may cause dizziness or drowsiness in some people. Do not perform activities like driving or using machines if you experience any such symptoms while using them.
- If you receive sedatives, then use the medication with an alert. This is because it will increase the effects of the sedative on these medications. Report unusual symptoms to your doctor. Suitable adjustments of dosage must be made under your doctor’s advice.
- If you receive CYP1A2 inhibitors, then your doctor will not prescribe this medicine. One such example is fluvoxamine. It will increase the risks of severe adverse effects. So get medical help before using this medicine.
- If you miss any dosage, take it once it comes to your mind. But if your next dosage is scheduled, do not take a double dosage. Skip your missed dosage. Continue with your regular dosage. Overdosing can be dangerous. So avoid it. If you overdose yourself with this medication, do not panic. Immediately contact your doctor for help.
Frequently asked questions
Q-Should I get worried about Sirdalud 2mg side effects?
Most of this medicine’s side effects do not need any medical attention. They disappear as your body gets adjusted to the medication. If any of the side effects do not go away, slowly inform your doctor. Consult your doctor if they make your condition worse. Dry mouth, tiredness, dizziness, and sleepiness are some of its typical side effects. There are ways of decreasing or preventing these side effects. Ask your doctor.
Q-How should I use it?
Take it in the dosage and duration mentioned by your doctor. Do not break or crush the tablet. You can take it with some food. It is advised to take medicine at a fixed time every day.
Q-Does it contain aspirin or sulfa?
It does not have aspirin or sulfa.
Q-Does the medication cause any loss in weight or keep you awake?
You may be experiencing insomnia or loss of weight. It will happen while using this medicine. Some people may be experiencing excessive sleepiness. If you face these side effects, get ahold of medical assistance.
Q-Is this medicine gluten-free?
It is gluten-free. Yet refer to the prescribed brand’s package insert before using it.
Q-Can I drink alcohol while using it? Is it safe?
Alcohol consumption is not advisable when using this medicine. It is due to the side effects of increased risk. These are drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, concentration difficulty, low blood pressure, and so on. Do not perform any activity involving high mental alertness. These are driving, operating machinery, and so on if you drink alcohol while taking this medicine.