Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg
Generic Name : Fluticasone Propionate
Brand Name : Flovent
Manufacture : Cipla
Presentation : Doses
Delivery Days : 10 -12 working days
Quantity : 60 Doses
Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg
Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg belongs to a group of medications known as corticosteroids or steroids. The use of inhalation needs a very low dosage of steroids. This is because an individual will directly inhale the medication into his lungs. It is known as the anti-inflammatory impact.
A doctor will prescribe the medication to aid in preventing breathing problems like chronic obstructive pulmonary disease COPD and asthma. It helps in preventing shortness of breath in individuals who require regular treatment. Thus it is sometimes called a prophylactic medication. One should use it regularly each day. It will not aid you with sudden asthma attacks if you have already run short of breath. Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg will work to reduce irritation and swelling in the lungs.
Instructions to use Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg
- The medication is available in various strengths. Based on the severity of an individual’s illness, a doctor will be deciding which dosage to use.
- Always use the medicine exactly as told by your doctor.
- Never exceed the recommended dosage.
- If you do not understand how to use it, tell your doctor about it.
- You can also contact your pharmacist to become aware of the dosage or ways of using it.
- Do not try to change the dosage on your own if your doctor did not tell you.
- You will inhale Flixotide into your lungs via the mouth. A special inhaler known as a Diskus will be used.
- You can check the package leaflet if you need any detailed instructions to use the inhaler.
- Still, if you do not understand how to use Diskus, take help from your doctor or a pharmacist.
- You will feel the tongue powder’s taste if you use the Diskus in the right technique.
- The medication will take some days or months to show its maximum effects. So it is essential that you take it each day on a regular basis.
- While taking the medication, if you do not see any decrease in shortness of breath or wheezing within a week, let your doctor know.
- If your condition becomes even worse, immediately get medical help.
- Do not use your inhaler more frequently than prescribed by your doctor.
- If you feel the medication is not working, inform your doctor. You may require other medications. But do not stop using the medication without your doctor’s knowledge.
Frequently asked questions
Q-I am pregnant. Can I take Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg?
If you are pregnant, only take the medication if its potential benefits outweigh the fetus’s potential risk. Do not take the medication if you are breastfeeding. Contact your doctor and take Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg under his guidance.
Q-What warning should I be aware of while using it?
Get medical assistance if you have any signs of an allergic reaction, such as hives, swollen lips, face, throat, or tongue, or you face difficulty breathing. Call your doctor if you feel weak, tired, or you have vomiting and nausea. People with breathing problems, wheezing, or choking should not ignore it. If you have eye pain or blurred vision, get medical help. If your asthma symptoms worsen, stop using the medicine and inform your doctor.
You may also have a fever, stomach pain, cough, chest pain, numbness, or suffer from weight loss, rash, etc. If you have a loss of appetite, clay-colored stools, or dark urine, do not worry much and contact your doctor. The medication can impact growth in children. If your child is using the medicine and is not growing at a normal rate, tell your doctor.
Q-I missed a dosage. What should I do?
If you forget to take any dosage, do not panic. Take Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg dosage once you remember. But if it is almost time for your next dosage, skip your missed dosage. Take the next dosage at the normal time. Try not to double your dosage. Overdosing is dangerous.
Q-How should I store Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg?
Store the medicine at room temperature. Do not freeze it. Please keep it in a dry place, away from heat, sunlight, and moisture. Never store it in the bathroom. Throw the medication as per the instructions in the package. Do not flush it down your toilet. Never pour it into a drain unless you have been instructed to do it. Discard the medicine properly if it has expired or you no longer need it. Contact your pharmacist or any local waste disposal company. Keep your medication away from kids and pets.
Q-Does Flixotide Diskus 100 mcg have any interaction?
Drug interactions may change how your medication works or increase your risk for severe side effects. Keep a list of every product you use, such as prescription, non-prescription, and herbal products. Give it to your doctor. Remember not to start, change or stop any medicine dosage without the doctor’s approval. Other medicines can impact the removal of this medicine from your body that may be affecting the working of the medicine. Examples are a few azole antifungals like ketoconazole and HIV protease inhibitors like ritonavir, lopinavir, etc.