ASTHALIN RESPULES 2.5 ML
Quantity : 60 Respules
ASTHALIN RESPULES 2.5 ML
Asthalin Respules 2.5ml is a bronchodilator. It works by widening the airways in the lungs. Hence, making it easier to breathe. It may cause side effects, including dizziness and seizures. People with heart problems should tell their doctor before starting the treatment.
The purpose of this drug is to treat chronic bronchospasm in patients with asthma. Although it comes in a liquid form, still you should not swallow or inject it. The proper way to use it is to inhale through the mouth. The solution is sterile, and you should not dilute it with water or other medicines. If you are not sure of the right amount for your condition, talk with your doctor.
Asthalin Respules 2.5ml is a short-acting adrenergic receptor agonist that is derived from salbutamol. This drug is available in the market as unit-dose vials. Where each dose has 2.5ml. The product is also sold in packs of five strips. Each has four 2.5ml vials. You should store it at 25°C or 77°F and read the leaflet before starting the cure.
Usage of Asthalin Respules 2.5ml
Asthalin Respules 2.5ml belongs to a class of medicines known as bronchodilators, which help open the airways. So, these drugs help in treating the signs of COPD and asthma. In this condition, airways become narrow and as a result, extra mucus accumulates. Hence, the drug gives you relief from the symptoms of coughing, shortness of breath, and wheezing. Also, the effect of this drug can last for hours.
Asthma and COPD are conditions where the airways become narrow and produce extra mucus. Thereby they cause difficulty while breathing. Also, it produces a wheezing sound while breathing out. Wheezing is often attended by chest tightness and emphysema. Hence, salbutamol helps to treat asthma and COPD, which relaxes the muscles of the airway. This drug also gives you relief from the symptoms of shortness of breath and coughing.
SIDE EFFECTS OF ASTHALIN RESPULES 2.5ML
Since it is a respiratory medicine, some compounds present in it may cause side effects. Yet, you should note that this is not the only medicine with side effects. Almost every drug show some side effects. So, you should not worry about it.
To mention a few side effects that you may notice while taking the respules are:
- Increased heart rate
- Muscle cramp
As you know, most of the side effects are harmless and will fade away as your body adjusts to the medicine. Above all, talk to your doctor if they stay or if you feel they are troubling you.
- First, Asthalin Respules 2.5ml is for inhalation. As it is not suitable to inject or ingest.
- Second, you should take it via mouth with a right Nebulizer. Also, it should not be the sole therapy for people with severe asthma.
- Third, regular medical evaluations, including lung function tests, are vital.
Also, you should use this drug with care. Thus, the use of this drug in the underlying situation becomes important:
- Severe cardiac conditions. In particular, a recent myocardial infarction
- Coronary Heart Disorder
- Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy and Tachyarrhythmia
- Severe and untreated Hypertension
- Diabetes Which Is Difficult To Control
In the event of an overdose, negative effects occur with rising intensity. Signs of such effects may include:
- Sleep difficulties
- Chest pain
- Tremors, mainly on the hands but often on the entire body
There may also be signs of:
- High blood pressure
- Low blood pressure
MANAGEMENT OF OVERDOSES
Treatment for an overdose is symptomatic. Depending on the conditions, you can follow these steps:
- If a lot of the drug is swallowed, stomach irrigation should be taken into consideration. Although, laxatives and activated charcoal can also help prevent the β-sympathomimetic’s unwanted absorption.
- A cardio selective β-blocking cure may be used for the cardiac symptoms of salbutamol overdosage. Although, you should take β-blocking agents with caution. Also, try to avoid as much as possible in patients with a history of bronchospasm. In the case of hypokalemia, it is important to track the electrolyte balance. And, if appropriate, electrolytes may also be given for balancing the electrolytes in the body.
Q-What is Asthalin Respules 2.5ml?
Doctors prescribe it to treat acute severe asthma. As well as, it is also used in the routine management of stubborn bronchospasm that has not responded to conventional cures.
Q-What is the dosage of Asthalin Respules 2.5ml?
The usual beginning dosage is 2.5mg as a single dose. This dose can be raised to 5mg. Medicine can be given up to four times per day. It is advisable to give higher doses of up to 40mg per day under close medical monitoring in the hospital. This is for the treatment of severe airway blockage in adult hospitalized patients.
Q-How to take Asthalin Respules 2.5ml?
You should use this drug without dilution. But, in certain cases where the delivery period is greater than 10 minutes, you can dilute it with sodium chloride solution (0.9%w/v).
Q-Can I use Asthalin Respules 2.5ml during pregnancy?
As of now, Salbutamol is not proven to be teratogenic in preclinical studies. On other hand, if the mother takes it while pregnant, the fetal pulse rate may rise. Although, in asthmatic pregnant women, this drug is used as the first-line cure. Hence, usage during pregnancy in the first trimester and breastfeeding should be viewed only after the benefits and risks have been balanced.
So, Asthalin Respules 2.5ml is a prescription drug that treats the signs of chronic bronchospasm and acute severe asthma. Like any other medicine, this drug too can have some side effects. Although, if you follow all the instructions then the chances of side effects are less. It is important to take this drug under a doctor’s supervision. Otherwise, there might be some unwanted side effects.