Generic Name : Blood Glucose
Brand Name : Accu Chek Active
Manufacture : Roche
Presentation : Test Strips
Delivery Days : 10 -12 working days
Quantity : 50 Test Strip 1 codind Chip
The Accu-Chek Active Glucometer kit comes in handy to measure your blood glucose level. It is a machine that comes with easy-to-use strips to help you record your blood sugar levels. The blood sugar content in your body plays a vital role. It can affect your body in different ways. It is responsible for diabetes, high blood, and other health conditions. Thus, it is necessary to get the precise glucose levels in the body within seconds to ensure safety.
This machine caters to your needs by offering the most convenient method to check your blood sugar at your home. You can use it to check your blood sugar levels at home. You will get the results within 4-5 seconds. It is a self-testing kit that offers you the freedom to keep a check on your blood sugar levels.
Bringing home this glucometer allows you to get instant and accurate results so that you can stay healthy. The glucometer comes with smooth-edge strips which absorb the blood from the finger easily. The glucometer provides accurate results and you can trust these results. It helps you monitor the fluctuations in blood sugar levels and take immediate action if necessary.
What are the benefits of the Accu-Chek Active Glucometer?
- The glucometer offers fast readings within 4 seconds of putting the blood.
- It provides accurate readings which meet the accuracy standards of ISO.
- The machine is compact and handy. You can take along this device anywhere.
- This glucometer can save up to 500 readings. It helps monitor your blood glucose history.
- You can transfer the results to your computer via USB.
- It comes with added features like two-button handling, pre and post-meal reminders along with a double-check feature.
Uses of Accu-Chek
You need a small drop of blood to measure the sugar levels in your blood.
Diabetes patients can use this machine to monitor their blood glucose levels with regular use.
How to use Accu-Chek?
- Wash your hands thoroughly before you use this device.
- Turn ON the machine and put one strip into the slot provided in the machine.
- Pierce the fingertip with the help of lancet tips & pen tool (given with the kit). Make sure you target the center of your fingertip.
- Touch the fingertip to the visible end of the strip. You just need a small drop of blood to be put on the strip to get precise readings.
- Be patient and watch out for the glucometer to show your reading. Note down the reading in a notebook.
- Make sure you do not press your fingertip to take out the blood.
- Use a new strip each time you check your blood sugar levels.
- Discard the strips after you use them.
- Avoid using expired strips.
- The device should be kept away from direct heat and sunlight.
Accu-Chek Specification & Features
- The device saves the readings for nearly 500 tests
- The device is convenient and user-friendly. You don’t need any code chip to code the meter.
- Two button handling- The device can be operated with 2 buttons which makes it more convenient to use the device.
- The device helps you cross-check the shown result. It helps match color code to ensure the accuracy of the results.
- The device comes with a USB port. It helps send the test results stored to a PC.
- The glucometer offers precise results for glucose.
Q-Do I need to purchase Accu-Chek Instant strips too?
No. You will find 10 free strips that come with this kit. Once you use all the 10 strips, you can buy more strips later.
Q-What is the range of sugar measured by Accu-Chek device?
This device can read the sugar within the range of 10 mg/dl up to 600 mg/dl range of glucose content. It offers high accuracy of ± 15%.
Q-How frequently should I track blood glucose levels?
It entirely depends on the recommendation of the doctor. So, ask the doctor and check the blood sugar levels accordingly.
Q-How much blood is needed for Accu-Chek test?
You just need 1-2 microliters of blood. It is just a small drop of blood you need. Managing diabetes is important. When it comes to diabetes, it is all about blood sugar. If your blood sugar levels go very high or very low, you may face issues with your health. It can have serious effects in the long run if left untreated.
You will find different ways to check and manage blood sugar. Some people rely on glucose meters that come with strips to check blood sugar levels.
A lot of people used glucose monitors (CGMs) to check blood sugar levels. Every individual is different so your diabetologist would assess your case and offer the right solution and device to check blood sugar effectively.
Q-What happens when the blood glucose levels fluctuate?
Well, the fluctuation in blood sugar levels can result in the following health issues
- Mood swings
- Shaky feeling
- Feel confused
- Seizures(in worst cases)
Q-How do I manage my blood sugar levels?
Your blood sugar levels depend on your lifestyle. The activities you perform, the food you eat, etc. can drop or increase the levels.
Make sure you track blood sugar levels often. It helps you check if they are normal. Here are tips on how often you should check your blood sugar levels
- Before every meal
- 1-2 hours after every meal
- Before & after physical activity
- When you feel sick or stressed
In case of high blood sugar, you may notice symptoms like
- Blurry vision
- Fast weight loss
- Frequent urination
- Stomach ache
A lot of people are diagnosed with diabetes. They feel helpless when detected with high or low sugar levels. But, with proper diet and exercise, they can live a happy and healthy life. Certainly, taking the prescribed anti-diabetes medicines, proper diet, and exercise help combat the complications of diabetes. Monitor your blood sugar levels as instructed by the doctor to avoid any complications or side effects.